Phelma Minatec/ Z10813h30-16h30Acknowledgement : IRT Nanoelec
A basic understanding of how intellectual property rights can be acquired
- what is the difference between trademark, designs, copyrights and patents ?
- which one should one apply for ?
- how much does it cost ?
How the patent system work ?
- what can I do with a patent ?
- do I need a patent to make a product ?
- do I need a patent to sell a product ?
- if I have a patent, this give me the right to make and sell a product right ? To implement a process ?
- if someone patented it, can I still make research on it?
What is patentable ?
-can I patent software ?
- can I patent DNA ?
- can I patent medical inventions ?
- can I patent a process ?
- I invented a better process for making a known device. Can I patent it ?
How to read a patent and understand what it protects ?
- the patent is 40 pages long. How do I know what exactly they want to protect ?
- the patents describes a lot of things which were known at that time. Does this make the patent invalid ?
How to understand if a patent is an issue for a product ?
-- where do I search for patents ?
- how can I know if a patent is still alive ?
- I have found this patent online, how do I know if it is relevant to my product ?
- what happens if I ignore the patent and decide to put my product on the market anyhow ?
How to combine research and patenting the research ?
- I want to publish my research but I also want to patent it. Do I have to do this in a specific order ?
-we did research with another team, who owns the patent ?
-I made my research available on my website and now they tell me I cannot patent it anymore! Why ?
How to avoid accidentally infringing a patent ?
-- I didn't know there was a patent on this product, now I got a letter from the patent owner asking me for damages, what can I do?
How to develop an effective IP strategy ?
- when should I think about patents during the development of a new product/process?
Rédigé par Liliana Prejbeanu
mise à jour le 12 mars 2018